Friday, September 10, 2010

Brain Drain

So as those of you who read my tweets and/or got texts. I started a internship for a company yesterday. And it seemed like exactly what I wanted to do, learning PHP coding skills from a master. Now I'm not a total beginner, but there is still a ways for me to go. And THEN some.
So yeah this morning I started out doing some reading for one of my classes. Not a big deal. Next I did some work on my Java programming class. A little sigh and annoyance but again, not a big deal. Then I got to viewing the work I was assigned. Seemed simple enough yesterday when I being explained the idea of what I was to be doing. No not just easy, very easy. Haha how wrong I was.
I started out looking through some of the different pages of code...and that's when it became a big deal. See this thing they're having me do is listed under high priority. Maybe its a test to see how I do under pressure (damn now that Who song is stuck in my head), and I think I'm failing if that's the case. I can read the code, but it just soo much and I've never seen nor coded PHP like this before. I feel like a deer in headlights right now that's running straight at the car. Ughhh this kind of day really goes against my obnoxious super positiveness. Maybe I just need some food.
Its on these days that I really remember what I my heart wants to do. I want to go on a global adventure. Scale mountains, drive on the autobahn, wander through french and spanish wine country, swim in the black sea, stop in a restaurant in Italy for a true italian dinner. Make my way over to Thailand and see Tibet, from there travel into western China and through the forested mountains, to the south east part of the country. Try some of the (in)famous mountain rat delicacy from that region and make my way north to shanghai and beijing. Visit seoul and get to see some of the super advanced tech they have there, then fly or take a boat over to Japan start out by visit Kyoto, then Osaka, Tokyo, then head down to Okinawa to relax in the sun. Then head back going down to the philippines, over to india, and then maybe dubai(lol as if I could ever afford to go there), and up to St. Peter'sburg. Then over to germany and sweden, norway, and finally over to London. There I want to spend a great deal of time just wandering my way around. And...my mind went off track now so I suppose I will end this here for now. I think the only thing I need to start this trip would be good traveling companion thats also ready to let things go to the wind.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna come! I want to do that really, really bad. ):

    ( &Under Pressure is Queen. P; )



    ... oh, it's Alexis, by the way.

    ReplyDelete